This page is a place to put nifty slogans that you may (or may not) want to see on a tshirt, poster, badge or so forth.
Ideal for badges
- People are animals too
- Apostrophe Criminal's Alphabet: abcdefghijklmnopqr'stuvwxyz
- Apple Alphabet: abcdefghi™jklmnopqrstuvwxyz
- not original to me, I think I may have seen this on a Tshirt already?
- The end is extremely fucking nigh
- from 28 Days Later (quote on a wall)
- Lab Experiment
- from spam subject line:
- If you act crazy all your life, they'll never be able to commit you
- I am not fat... I prefer to think of myself as subcutaneously gifted
- "me! I'm an exception"
Cookie Monster + Death Metal = C is for cookie AND YOU CAN BURN IN HELL!
- from webcomic 1/0
- 124 (paraphrased): "And I shall rule with ... A FIST OF CHEESE!"
- 165: "You're ranting like a supervillian. What you're doing must be wrong"
- 195: "Your memories are wrong, and the universe is inherently nonsensical."
- 266: "What is man, but a fiction of God?"
- 496: "Vagueness. Enemy of all those who seek to.... y'know. Stuff." (author commentary)
- 627: "I am not a punchline"
- 648: "Faux-intellectual"
- 737: "Omnipotence means never having to roll for things"
- 914: "Life as we know it would crumble if people stopped doing pointless things"
- 965: "Everyone likes to speak for the masses. No one likes to be a part of them." (author commentary)
- 985: "shoulnd't, shmouldn't"
- 1000: "there is no non-creepy way to exit a plane of reality"
- "when life deals you zombies, make a disaster movie"
- a couple from larry
- Go Lemmings Go (set font to descend down a cliff, starting about the 'g' of lemmings)
- zombies love you for your brains, not your looks -- paraphrasing from a webforum, thanks to Nerissa
- man, if nobody thinks you're mad you're really in trouble. -- Jason G
- "it's not that I look young. It's everyone else who looks OLD" - for those lucky peopole with youthful appearances.
- Official Audience Member
- Person of Interest (maybe with subtext: "I am officially interesting")
- You should put a bag over your personality (derived from War Games - The Dead Code)
- There can be only one 'i' in 'megalomaniac'. --http://www.covertcomic.com/
- Ultimate Red Alert (from (new) Doctor Who - end season 4)
- When I was your age, I wasn't a crotchety old fool
- ...I decided I need a badge that says "making the world a better place, one apostrophe at a time" --Nerissa
- "is that art, or can it go?" - from Mr oCean who saw it on fridge magnets in germany
- perhaps with an icon of cliche art (mona lisa or venus de milo) in a trash can :)
- "Space. It's cooler than you are." --Nemo. — https://www.facebook.com/nemothorx/posts/10151898584628216?notif_t=like
This translates to "I ♥ New York" in arabic.
- I suffer from pedanticism --for Nerissa
- "لا غير قراء العربية تحمل هذا الشعار هو ضد الحضارة الغربية؟" - "Do non-arabic readers assume this is an anti western slogan?" (Political statement from Nemo) Translation from Google.
- You're currently going through a difficult transition period called "Life." -- from /usr/games/fortune
- "Censored is a dirty word"
- funny version: maybe with 'censored' in the black bar style, as if it WAS censoring something.
- 'cause' version: regular lettering, emphasize 'censored' some other way.
- See here: http://blog.thorx.net/2009/10/hey-hey-its-controversial/
- "I hate pornography ... I haven't even got a pornograph!" -- 'Angry of Mayfair'. - see wikipedia:Kenny_Everett#Quotations_and_catchphrases
- "Where zombies come from: When mummy and daddy are loving each other's brains, usually raw." - Nerissa
- Crackpot Xing - http://www.xkcdb.com/?654 - (23:18:49) Nerissa: we could put it outside the Scientologist's centre
- "bling's shit" - written in diamontes on a black tight tshirt...
- 'wrong' is one of those concepts that depends on witnesses - http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2009-11-05/
(23:02:46) nemo: can I put "support the war on ephemera" on a tshirt?
(23:02:58) Terri Warner: Definitely!
(23:03:19) Terri Warner: If only to find out how many people ask you where ephemera is...
(23:03:31) Terri Warner: Is it, like, near Greece?
- Nothing really metas
- quotes like this shouldn't be on tshirts
- Mispen: write wrongly
- "if god hadn't meant them to be eaten, He woulnd't have called them MEALworms"
- "if god hadn't intended me to wear tshirts with stuff on them, He woulnd't have made them funny"
- I (x2+y2-1)3-x2y3=0 U
- Fuck off and Hug. (in either rainbow flowers style, or angry metal style. which?)
T shirts / Signs / Posters
<Screwtape> Thinking good! Slogans bad!
—* From IRC (#afda), August 2004
- Disclaimer: My wearing of this tshirt slogan does not imply an endorsement of western industrialised economic practices
- The teddy bears from here:
- Scientists: Creating our future so they can destroy it too! [add picture of zombies and/or nukes, etc]
- Picture: blank
- Demotivational not found
- Image: Albert Einstein's in a birdcage. Caption: "Nobody appreciates my genius"
- Image: Eye in a pyramid. Caption: CAUTION. Do not build your pyramid using eyeballs. To do so may cause structural failure of your polygon.
- Image: as if a begger holding a cardboard sign: "Will wrap my arms around you for hugs"
- Dr Evil is my lifecoach
- inspired by http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/09/27/2697646.htm
- Other life coaches: Mr T. Macgyver. Dr Horrible. Doctor Who. Captain Jack. Faith. Willow. etc.
- I ♥ Craftian adventures
- With a cthulhu plushie picture. Maybe without the "I" ?
- or even just "I ♥ Craft" with the plushy...
- A calculator-like device with the LCD font text showing "A suffusion of yellow"
Note that many of the Tshirt ideas can be badges with little or no variation
- Picture: Marvin (from HHG)
- Life, don't talk to me about life.
- Demotivation is our goal.
Govt Agencies make Conspiracies
- Being weird isn't enough (as seen in the intro sequence to 'Pump up the Volume')
- Picture: PBF Guntron
- Not always in your best interest
- You're expendible.
- "official POPE badge"
- "not g33k" or "I /= geek" (or maybe "!geek", but that's probably too geeky ;)
- ...in a geeky font/colourscheme (green courier/terminal font on black?)
- "evil incarnate" (idea)
- In my original email I stated: (I think two versions of this could be done. One in a super-cliche gothic font, red on black, etc... and one in a bright pastel coloured flowery font, all hippy looking! ;) Whatchya reckon?
- Various warning signs from here:
- This set from Nerissa, originally Tshirt ideas
- Genetic experiment.
- Blood and bone.
- Caution - genetic testing in progress.
- Sorry, I'm not *that* drunk.
- You look better from a distance.
- Try again in four drinks.
- From the ruminations list
- > > There are very few things that can not
- > > be improved by the addition of a bayonet.
- > > Heck, it even works with another bayonet!
- > >
- > > (James Knowles)
- > > Just because it's catchy doesn't mean
- > > it's good, and just because it's stuck
- > > in my head doesn't mean I like it.
- > >
- > > (Daniel Pagan Connell)
- Reality is an optical illusion
- --Nemo in email, inspired by http://www.scientificblogging.com/news_releases/our_visual_system_has_future_seeing_powers_study
- Three shirts with a Toyota Sera on it: Tri-Sera Tops.
- > "I'm an optimist.
- > I only think SOME stuff is fail"
- -- Nemo
- > Some of the stuff is always fail, all of the stuff is sometimes fail, but all of the stuff isn’t always fail
- -- Terri in response
"You have the right to remain silent. Why don't you try it for a while" (from Altered Carbon)
- > Hi Fun Kou Gai
- > This Japanese term is a kind of righteous, miserable anger, a frustration
- > and despair over a situation that seems terrible but cannot be changed.
- > Like corruption in a government, or a friend's bad treatment.
- > Sample Sentence: "Oh, god, listening to old white dudes arguing about women's rights just fills me with Hi Fun Kou Gai."