Nemo learnt this game from some friends at National Folk Festival in 2008. It's a very simple game to occupy your time.
The aim is to get the lowest point as summed over your four cards.
Card values are:
- Numeric values, all face cards = 10, Ace=1, Queen = 0
- Deal each player four cards, face DOWN.
- Player views two of their own cards.
- In turns, each player takes one card from the deck (or the top discard card), and swaps it for one of their own cards.
- At any time, any player can knock to end the round - forcing everyone to reveal their cards and sum values. Lowest sum wins the round. (lowest possible is 0 with four queens, but note that you cannot be beaten if you score 1 or 2)
- Repeat to taste.