- All pipe is to be made of a long hole, surrounded by metal centered around the hole.
- All pipe is to be hollow throughout the entire length.
- All pipe is to be of the very best quality, preferably tubular or pipular (sic).
- All acid-proof pipe is to be made of acid-proof material.
- Outside Diameter of the pipe must exceed the Inside Diameter, otherwise the hole will be on the outside of the pipe.
- All pipe is to be supplied with nothing in the hole, so that water, steam or other stuff can be added at a later date.
- All pipe is to be supplied without rust, as this can be more readily put on at the job site.
- All pipe is to be cleaned free of covering such as mud, tar, barnacles or any form of manure, otherwise it will make lumps under the paint.
- ALl pipe over 200metres in length must have the words "LONG PIPE" clearly painted on it so the engineer will know it is a long pipe. Pipe over two kilometres in length must also have these words painted in the middle, so that the engineer will not have to walk the full length of the pipe to determine if it is a long pipe or not.
- All pipe over 20centimetres in diameter is to have the words "LARGE PIPE" painted on it, so that the engineer will not use it for a small pipe.
- All pipe closers are to be open on one end.
- No fittings are to be put on the pipe unless specified. If you do, straight pipe becomes crooked pipe.