This page moved to SlumberWiki - http://nemo.house.cx/House
Page content below retained for ThorxWiki historical purposes only
- People make variable-sized cabinets to hold their entertainment system.
- People make standard-cabinets to hold their computer equipment (aka: Racks)
- Computer equipment is becoming more an entertainment system every day.
- Use computer rack standards as the basis for entertainment system cabinet.
- Cabinet with a square footprint with rails spaced as a 19 inch rack along all faces.
- ie, cabinets are not designed with an explicit 'front'
- Advantage of square footprint is that rack-mount shelves can be mounted to face outwards from the sides (for use as speaker stands or random cabinet trinkets shelving, etc)
- Two cabinets roughly 2metres high (42 RU?) for speakers and storage.
- Two cabinets roughly 60cm high (12RU?) to make a base for TV. This should be suitable height and proportion for a LARGE modern flatscreen TV.
- For remote control access through doors, an IR-retransmitter may be required. Alternatively, bluetooth remotes
- Welded/rivetted metal in an industrial steampunk style, ie, welds and rivets, but not much (any) victorian frill. Heat scoring on the bare metal is a plus
- Doors as aged-wooden doors of a similar style/
ie, this should look like a vintage welded iron+wood table, which has decided to be a rack for a while.
- Side doors should be simple wooden doors of similar style.
- Note that conjoined racks do not need door panels, neither are panels needed for the rear
Some things may need to be custom designed?
- http://www.racktechnologies.com.au/default2.asp?id=1,43,108,180 - rails...
- these, for eg, are 600mm depth. can also be 450mm depth...?