...a notebook embiggened imaginate gland...
Welcome to Thorx Wiki. A place for idea mongering and collaborative invention.
This is a Wiki-as-Workshop, intended to grow organically (albiet slowly so far), and randomly. What is it for?
- A placeholder for random notes.
- A drafting site for the ThorxBlog
- Archive ground for writings and ideas
So, please feel free to jump in and create/edit as you see the need. A note though - the aim is that ThorxWiki content will be "professional" in styling. Humour is appreciated and encouraged, but mindless joking is best moved to NemWiki. Speaking of NemWiki, a lot of the content here has been imported from the original NemWiki and still needs moving to the new one, so hit the Random Page link and see if you get something that needs updating. Also, alot of the original NemWiki content was written from Nemo's first-person perspective and uncredited. These should either be refactored to be third person perspective, or credited appropriately.
ThorxWiki is not as policy-driven as Wikipedia, but aims to respect copyright.
Current Headline Pages
- DotsCardsBoxes - The old Dots and Boxes game, enhanced with superpowers! (cards)
- MonopoZombie - Monopoly with a twist of Zombie Apocalypse.
- Flag - Thoughts on a new Australian flag
- MailNews - a system to post to usenet via mutt config and helper apps, but no mutt+nntp patch.
- Standard Pizza Size - should/could pizza sizes be metricised?
- MonthNaming - what could the theme of each month be?
- Lexicon Crossing - A wordlist-thingy game
- Fleet WindowManager - a new idea for windowmanagement?
- Phone innovations - ideas for the future of mobile phones
- iPhone - I have an iPhone. These are my notes...
- SpamHash - a look at it and spam
- SloganFun - Badge/tshirt/poster ideas
- Forum - A new integration for webforums, email lists, usenet, etc
- ChainBook - Not a chain letter, so much better
- Fire Twirling - Nemo's exploration into pyro-play
- Dale's Music - An evolving page on the technical specs and production methods of Dale's music
- SpencerGulfCanal - Brainstorming a crazy environmentally unfriendly idea
- Toyota Sera Doors - Just a story of a butterfly wing...
- Wallet - Nemo is a wallet snob. This is his story, these are his designs.
- CarMod - Ideas for your inner rev head.
- PoolTable - Designs on making the games even more interesting...
- Pirate Island Threshold - Analysis of the battleground of that eternal Ninja vs Pirates battle
- Mathematics of Dating - Graphing the available dating pool...
- Digital Dash - A digital dashboard for your car
- Cricket - Why is it so confusing?
- CascadeGovernment - Idea in integrating the levels of government
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking.
Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.
Selected picks of our newpages, brand new to Thorx, and still cooking. Jump in and help them grow!
- NontransitiveDice - designing a game using non-transitive dice
- GRUB - GRUB_INIT_TUNE info and examples...
- GWIS - An superintelligent shade of the colour of gnome's wallpaper ;)
- Developing Brisbane - ideas for the future development of Brisbane.
- TankTread - a method for people to meet people.
- Chocolate - Tasty tasty food ideas?
- SisterCities - a spiderweb of links
- CannedCuss Swear in a box. Cuss in a can. Profanity in the parcel!
- Movie Map - Visualising a movie
- Signpost - Target destination: somewhere else.
- Applause Analysis - Measuring your response.
- HighRise Algorithm - Good or bad news for big city centers?
- Möbius coaster - Roller Coaster madness
- Otai - Tasty tasty drinks
- BopAdTour - Douglas Adams fandom
- TaasenPool - Combining Taasen and Pool
- Letterbox - Designing a better box for your postman
- Rectangles - Is the Golden Mean "perfect rectangle" just average?
- Hourglass - An interestingly shaped design?
- And don't forget that there are often pages created and unlinks... find them on the orphan pages
Best of the rest
- Mentok - A unique cardgame unlike any other (note: has passing similarity to Go Fish and Blackjack)
- Taasen - How to play this boardgame online
- NIPL - A new way of creating playlists
- NEWS - A new wiki centered around existing revision tools, and utilising a better markup
Reminder... ThorxWiki is descendant from an earlier 'NemWiki'. Many of the original ideas are still on the NemWiki page, awaiting a revisit, polish, and update to ThorxWiki standards, or moving to the new NemWiki. Please be encouraged to visit the NemWiki page and followup ideas there :)
The trouble with having a fertile mind is that the weeds grow as prolific as the pastures
pssst: Check out the list of all pages ever!
- 12:45, 10 September 2019 EmojiTetra/Details2019 (hist) [278,893 bytes] Nemo (new 2019 page)
- 19:14, 21 January 2019 EmojiTetra/Details2018 (hist) [271,736 bytes] Nemo (piece list)
- 14:58, 3 January 2019 EmojiTetra/DeepStatistics (hist) [2,071 bytes] Nemo (first writeup. seso.)
- 19:43, 21 November 2018 EmojiTetra (hist) [24,841 bytes] Nemo (seso)
pssst: RSS and Atom feeds are linked in the toolbox... sometimes. Goto the real Special:RecentChanges page and find the RSS for the whole wiki, or alternatively go to a page's history for a page-specific feed! :)
10 September 2019
- (diff | hist) . . m EmojiTetra/Details2019; 12:49 . . (-8) . . Nemo (.)
- (diff | hist) . . m EmojiTetra/Details2018; 12:48 . . (-157) . . Nemo (.)
- (diff | hist) . . m EmojiTetra/Details2018; 12:48 . . (+164) . . Nemo (.)
- (diff | hist) . . EmojiTetra/Details2018; 12:47 . . (-278,809) . . Nemo (games from 2018 only)
- (diff | hist) . . N EmojiTetra/Details2019; 12:45 . . (+278,901) . . Nemo (new 2019 page)
- (Move log); 12:43 . . Nemo moved page EmojiTetra/Details to EmojiTetra/Details2018 (needs splitting out)
- (diff | hist) . . EmojiTetra; 12:43 . . (+58) . . Nemo (splitting the "details" pages out to year based)
- (diff | hist) . . EmojiTetra/Details; 12:39 . . (+19,531) . . Nemo (added G28)
- (diff | hist) . . EmojiTetra; 12:26 . . (+185) . . Nemo (G29 now)
Inspiration is a good start, but it’s the diligence to make every note and every word perfect, that will really set you apart.